Judge Levie mediates, arbitrates, and serves as a case evaluator and special master in a large variety of complex business and commercial disputes, including: insurance, healthcare, technology, contracts, professional liability, tort, antitrust, executive compensation, franchising, partnership product liability, patent, ERISA, accounting, bankruptcy, telecommunications, employment, class actions, and construction cases. He has more than three decades of experience handling complex business and related cases as a litigator, judge, and neutral.
As a mediator, Judge Levie draws on his professional experiences, ability to relate to people, creativity, and tenacity to work exhaustively with parties and counsel to reach a resolution. As an arbitrator, Judge Levie works with counsel to develop a comprehensive case management order that is appropriate to the particular dispute. He then guides proceedings in an efficient, expeditious, and cost-efficient manner toward hearing and decision.
Download "What Counsel Say About Judge Levie."
- As a mediator and arbitrator with JAMS, Judge Levie has mediated and arbitrated cases that encompass the business/commercial industry's spectrum of disputes including:
- Arbitration of government procurement dispute involving defense contractors (neutral party appointed arbitrator)
- Mediation of dispute between a bank and a governmental agency related to the sale of sub-prime loans
- Facilitation of a settlement between an energy corporation and a citizens’ group relating to the transportation of hazardous materials
- Mediation of dispute between two companies, including a large multi-national corporation over alleged antitrust violations
- Mediation of a number of medical and legal malpractice actions in a wide variety of fields utilizing creative ways to resolve disputes beyond the traditional payment of compensation
- Mediation of contract disputes in the insurance coverage and re-insurance fields
- Arbitration (panel chair) of contractual matter between two large healthcare providers
- Arbitration (panel chair) of contractual matter between two large corporations involving claims with a dollar value in the hundreds of millions in the transportation industry
- Arbitration of several hotel franchise disputes and a food service franchise dispute involving a large national company
- Arbitration of contract dispute involving design and viability of a product for use in the communications industry
- Case evaluation for two large corporations in an alleged product defect case
- Mediated and arbitrated multiple cases involving allegations of violations of real estate contracts and also tenants’ rights
- Mediation of numerous workplace disputes involving allegations of violation of federal, state and local statutes with both single and multiple plaintiffs and private or quasi-governmental defendants
- Mediation of alleged breach of contract dispute involving distribution logistics
- Mediated action brought against actuary for advice given in connection with a pension plan
- Arbitration of contract dispute involving tens of millions of dollars between two large, national financial institutions