In his career as a litigator, trial judge, mediator and arbitrator, Judge Levie has gained vast experience in the handling of employment, workplace and discrimination matters under a variety of federal, state, and local statutes. In the large number of cases Judge Levie has handled, the matters involved allegations of: wrongful termination; discrimination based upon race, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation; hostile work environment; retaliation; ADA; SOX; whistleblower and sexual harassment in the workplace. Some of these cases also involved issues of executive compensation.
As a mediator, Judge Levie draws on his professional experiences, ability to relate to people, creativity, and tenacity to work exhaustively with parties and counsel to reach a resolution. As an arbitrator, Judge Levie works with counsel to develop a comprehensive case management order that is appropriate to the particular dispute. He then guides proceedings in an efficient, expeditious, and cost-efficient manner toward hearing and decision.
Representative Employment Matters
- Served as an arbitrator in eight cases involving allegations of gender discrimination in the securities industry arising from a class action settlement; in several of those cases, Judge Levie served as the chairperson of a tripartite panel
- Served as an arbitrator in 22 cases involving allegations of equal credit discrimination arising from the settlement of a class action
- Arbitrated termination case involving a healthcare provider and allegations of violations of the employment contract, FMLA, and ERISA
- Arbitrated and mediated alleged whistleblower actions under Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Arbitrated termination case based upon sexual harassment in the workplace
- Mediated five consolidated claims of race discrimination against a quasi-governmental agency
- Mediated dispute between employees and government agencies relating to promotion issues and working condition complaints
- Mediated claims of age and racial discrimination between employees and officers on one side and corporations and retail businesses on the other side
- Mediated age discrimination claims by three employees in separate cases against large national firm
- Mediated sexual harassment claim between a partner and a law firm
- Mediated sexual harassment claim between multiple employees and a large multi-national consulting firm