With more than 30 years of dispute resolution experience, Mr. Lewis is a nationally acclaimed mediator and recognized expert in resolving employment-related disputes. Known for his ability to relate with the parties, Mr. Lewis gains the trust and respect needed to work out settlements in highly-charged, socially significant and complicated employment matters. He has handled issues including Title VII and executive compensation claims involving Fortune 500 companies, federal agencies, non-profit organizations and associations, hospitals, law firms, and universities.
As a member of JAMS Employment Practice Group, Mr. Lewis keeps current on relevant employment law changes and trends and their implications to the practice of dispute resolution. He combines this knowledge with his dispute resolution expertise to present on effective advocacy in employment cases to law firms, federal agencies, and bar associations, as well as to train corporate HR and legal departments in managing and resolving conflict in the workplace.
- Mediation involving claims of race, age, and gender discrimination case brought by multiple employees against a prominent university
- Mediation of a case involving a discrimination claim brought by a high ranking black female employee against a national publication
- Mediation of a class action age discrimination case against a major financial institution
- Mediation of a defamation case brought by an employee of one of the largest telecommunications companies in the United States
- Mediation of alleged employment discrimination claims brought by nine staff members against their union employer
- Mediation of claims arising out of the settlement of Cremens v. Merrill Lynch and Martens v. Smith Barney
- Mediation of FLSA Wage and Hour claims against two federal agencies
- Mediation of individual discrimination cases arising from the settlements of class action employment cases against a major telecommunications company and a prominent automobile manufacturer
- Arbitration of an employment dispute arising out of the settlement of a class action case involving a utility
- Trained in-house lawyers at a number of Fortune 500 companies including the Ford Motor Company, 3M, McDonalds, and Xerox on advocacy in ADR processes
- Trained staff of the General Accountability Office and SEC to mediate employment disputes arising in the agencies