Judge Lichtman has extensive experience handling complex energy-related disputes, as both a full-time neutral and one of the founders of the Los Angeles County Superior Court’s Complex Civil Litigation program. His familiarity with energy matters—combined with his tenacity, people skills, and innate desire help others—has made Judge Lichtman renowned for helping parties to even the most contentious disputes find resolution.
Judge Lichtman speaks Portuguese fluently and currently serves as a member of the Brazilian Consulate’s Conselho de Cidadão and the Brazilian California Chamber of Commerce.
- Dispute between national energy corporation and solar energy contracting company
- Class action dispute related to misrepresented increase of electricity prices
- Commercial dispute regarding marine diesel oil used to blend marine bunker fuels
- Commercial contract dispute between general contractor and solar panel provider
- Dispute against national energy corporation related to negligence to maintain proper height of power pole resulting in catastrophic injury
- Matter related to solar panel price fluctuations and distribution of equipment parts
- Dispute over price fluctuations, output contracts, and commercial dealings involved in the sale and purchase of solar panels
- Breach of contract mediation involving production of solar panels for two large-scale solar installation projects
- Mediated breach of contract dispute over costs to design and manufacture machinery used to convert waste into energy
- Mediation involving dispute between solar power firm and public utility company over termination of renewable power purchase agreement
- Case involving dispute between more than 100 homeowners and public utility company over damage caused by large fire that utility’s failed power lines allegedly sparked
- Employment mediation between solar power company and former employees involving dispute over sales commissions