Martin Quinn has settled, evaluated, and managed numerous environmental disputes – including complex, multi-party CERCLA and Proposition 65 cases; toxic tort class actions; and disputes over remediation of single-site contaminated areas. Federal judges have appointed him as special master to manage the settlement processes in complex cases. He is familiar with environmental law and remediation procedures, as well as with insurance issues that frequently dominate the settlement of environmental cases.
- Martin Quinn has handled the following recent environmental matters:
- Conducted a neutral evaluation of a Clean Air Act dispute brought by environmental groups against the owner of a pulp mill in Northern California
- Settled three multi-party federal lawsuits concerning remediation of industrial pollution in the area of Chico, California, and the associated insurance coverage disputes. Mr.Quinn served as a special master in two of those cases, and as the mediator in the third
- Settled a CERCLA action brought by EPA against an industrial firm in Azusa, California
- Settled a class action involving alleged respiratory and other injuries resulting from a massive fire in a pile of millions of tires in Central California
- Settled two multi-party California state court actions involving alleged Proposition 65 liability of national retailers and importers of costume jewelry containing lead
- Settled several Clean Water Act disputes brought by environmental groups against cities in Northern California over alleged discharges from waste water collection and treatment systems