Judge May, who served on the San Diego County Superior Court bench for 16 years before joining JAMS, is sought after for his expertise in resolving complex business and commercial cases in a wide range of industries. Counsel hold him in high regard for his fairness, ability to keep cases moving toward settlement, and calm demeanor he brings into even the most contentious matters.
An experienced arbitrator, mediator, and special referee, Judge May has resolved disputes involving breach of contract, fraud, conversion, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of lease, and class action wage dispute issues.
- Arbitrated law firm’s claim against business for legal fees and costs owed for services
- Arbitrator on dispute involving breach of contract claims over attorney fees and costs
- Breach of contact arbitration involving claims against martial arts studio for negligence, fraud, self-dealing, unfair business practices, breach of fiduciary duty, and conspiracy
- Breach of contract mediation between concrete company and county
- Breach of contract mediation between two dentists and their respective corporations
- Mediated dispute between bank and individuals over alleged breach of promissory notes
- Mediated dispute involving breach of contract and negligence claims between apartment complex and property management company
- Mediation involving dissolution of dental business
- Mediator for dispute between company and bank over alleged non-payment of invoices
- Mediator for dispute over condominium mortgage