Judge Melinson's experience as a judge, litigator, and neutral enables him to handle complex intellectual property cases. Judge Melinson has mediated thousands of cases with remarkable success. His broad background includes distinguished judicial service as Chief United States Magistrate Judge of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and Judge of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania. In private practice, he has served as counsel, negotiator, mediator, and arbitrator in a wide variety of complex matters. The Judge's tenacity, resourcefulness, and keen understanding of the diverse dynamics that drive settlement have made him a favorite of the Bench and Bar.
- Case against several large corporations alleging patent infringement for their use of a "dripless pouring spout" container for their laundry products
- Counterfeit merchandise, trade-mark piracy
- Dispute between national and international business competitors over whether trademarked package coloring scheme was a famous mark that had "acquired virtually universal recognition among consumers in this country"
- Dispute between two corporations over exclusive right to professional sport league and their team logos
- Disputes between restaurants involving trademark and recipe infringement
- Software copyright disputes