Lawrence R. Mills, Esq. is a seasoned mediator and arbitrator with over 25 years of experience as a neutral. Larry has extensive experience in resolving employment matters, including discrimination and wrongful termination cases, ERISA claims, and disputes over non-competition agreements.
Nationally known as a leader in the ADR community, Larry is a Fellow of the College of Commercial Arbitrators, a Distinguished Fellow of the International Academy of Mediators, and a member of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals. As a mediator, Larry is known for being engaged and analytical and for leading parties to effective resolution. As an arbitrator, Larry is known for his fairness and proven ability to manage and adjudicate complex disputes.
- Mediated a dispute regarding claims of breach of a covenant not to compete and misappropriation of trade secrets
- Arbitrated claims for discrimination by a physician against a medical clinic
- Arbitrated a case involving an employee’s claim for a bonus under an incentive bonus plan
- Mediated dispute regarding the scope of a non-competition agreement involving a life insurance sales representative
- Mediated case involving a claim of embezzlement by an executive of a nonprofit organization with a counterclaim of ethnic discrimination
- Mediated discrimination claim involving misuse of company confidential information
- Mediated case involving breach of a non-competition agreement and appropriation of trade secrets
- Arbitrated gender discrimination claim against a software engineering company
- Mediated case with claims for wrongful termination and withholding of wages
- Arbitrated case with claims for vested benefits under ERISA by former law firm shareholder
- Mediated dispute regarding failure of an employer to contribute to a contractors’ “retro fund” of group premiums for industrial insurance
- Mediated case with claims for contributions to benefit trust under collective bargaining agreement
- Mediated case involving wrongful termination and age discrimination claims