Roy S. Mitchell, Esq. has more than 40 years of experience as an attorney and a neutral and is a recognized expert on domestic and international government contracts involving aircraft, ship building, avionics, construction law, contract administration, and dispute resolution.
Mr. Mitchell is a Fellow and former National Chairman of the Public Contract Law Section of the American Bar Association, a Director of the Procurement Round Table, a retired partner from the international law firm of Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, and served as President and CEO of the Construction and Government Contracts Claims Group of Hill International, Inc. for five years. He focuses on mediating and arbitrating complex, multi-million-dollar disputes involving U.S. Government and State and Local Contracts and related matters.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
U.S. Government Contract Experience
- Heavy Civil and Underground Contracts: tunnels, roads, bridges, dams, airfields, subways, and high speed railroads
- Military: missile bases, NASA projects, aircraft, avionics and ship building
- Specialty: pipping, mechanical, and electrical contracts
- Building: commercial, hospital, courthouse, and jail contracts
- Ship Building: Represented ship builder on military Ro-Ro vessel
- Served as Sole Arbitrator on $12 million subcontractor claim under Teaming Agreement and Systems Integrator contracts on major Coast Guard ship overhaul project
- Aircraft Production: Represented major European air craft manufacturer in claim preparation and negotiation of $100 million Navy training aircraft contract, and in Proposal Preparation for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) civilian test aircraft contract
- Avionics: Advised supplier of Avionics on U.S. Air Force missile nose cone navigation system claims
- Construction: Represented multiple major U.S. construction contractors in negotiation, arbitration, BCA hearings or litigation building locks and dams for Army Corps of Engineers, missile bases for Air Force, underground fueling facilities for Navy, Loran towers for Coast Guard, broadcasting facilities for USIA, subways for various municipal subway systems, water and sewer facilities for various municipalities, Dept. of Interior and USAID, test facilities for NASA, hospitals for Veterans Administration and buildings for Navy, Marines, GSA, roads and bridges for several state DOTs, etc.
- Served as Dispute Review Board member on contractor USD 1 million claim against government owner of USD 7 billion subway system in Eastern United States
- Underground Infrastructure Project: Represented U.S. contractor joint venture asserting multi-million dollar claims and defending other issues on $2.5 billion underground infrastructure project in Eastern United States
- US Investment Dispute: Served as chairman of arbitration panel involving substantial stock investment disputes in United States