Hon. Fred K. Morrison (Ret). has mediated, arbitrated and acted as special master in a myriad of cases in health care. These matters include disputes between leading health care providers, disputes between health care providers and their insurance companies, patient privacy, wrongful death, fees for services, billing and provider disputes and disputes involving hospitals and their medical equipment suppliers. Justice Morrison has also mediated and arbitrated matters involving hospital contract evaluation, reasonable accommodations for medical staff and denial of health care coverage to individuals.
Justice Morrison joined JAMS in 2009 after serving nine years in the trial courts and over 14 years on the California Third District Court of Appeal. During his tenure on the appellate bench, Justice Morrison authored over 160 published opinions. Attorneys regularly praise Justice Morrison’s quick intelligence, good judgment, common sense, and humility.
- Mediated action challenging a public health citation against a skilled nursing facility for violations leading to a patient’s death
- Arbitrated declaratory relief dispute between major providers regarding contract interpretation
- Arbitrated dispute between a hospital and supplier of nuclear medicine equipment and technical assistance
- Discovery Referee in qui tam whistle blower case involving drug prices charged to government programs
- Arbitrated three disputes between major providers and health insurance companies
- Arbitrated a dispute between individual and plan over denial of coverage
- Mediated dispute between physician and managed care health plan over doctors right to treat certain patients
- Mediated employment dispute between hospital and an employee over patient privacy violations
- Mediated dispute between hospital and nurse involving failure to accommodate disability