Lexi W. Myer, Esq. brings to JAMS a unique combination of litigation and ADR experience. For the first part of her career, Ms. Myer handled complex, multidistrict product liability matters and class actions. After more than a decade as an attorney working in litigation and the settlement of hundreds of individual claims, she turned to ADR full-time, where she has had a role in the resolution and evaluation of sophisticated matters including arbitrations, mediations, settlement allocations, discovery references and neutral evaluations.
Ms. Myer's career at JAMS began when she served as a Research Attorney, working and training closely with the world's leading jurists, arbitrators and mediators. Her practice as a Research Attorney focused on a wide range of disputes involving construction, health care, employment, product liability, class action and other business matters. This approach allowed Ms. Myer to cultivate experience working at the highest levels of the ADR industry.
After working as a Research Attorney at JAMS for several years, Ms. Myer was elevated to the JAMS panel, working as a Neutral. In this capacity, Ms. Myer has focused her practice on complex litigation, involving the mediation of multi-plaintiff claims in the pharmaceutical industry as well as in the wildfire arena. Ms. Myer also serves as Mediator, Arbitrator, and Neutral Evaluator in construction, employment, product liability, personal injury, cannabis, and business litigation disputes.
Whether working with other neutrals or alone, Ms. Myer studiously prepares for every case and is personally committed to each matter.
As a neutral, Ms. Myer has worked on complex cases, including the following representations:
- Mediates subrogated wildfire claims as well as individual wildfire claims against public entities and private corporations
- Served as Special Master on multi-plaintiff product liability pharmaceutical cases, involving the allocation of multi-million settlements
- Mediates institutional banking cases involving improper sales tactics
- Served as Mediator on a variety of business litigation matters, including contractual disputes and allegations of fraud
- Served as Arbitrator on a complex employment action involving allegations of disability discrimination and defamation
- Participated in Neutral Evaluations of large-scale construction matters
As a litigator, Ms. Myer worked on complex cases, including the following representations:
- Handled certification and litigation of a California class of light cigarette smokers against a major tobacco company
- Handled pharmaceutical product liability bellwether trial, which was part of a multidistrict litigation and involved allegations that the pharmaceutical company failed to warn plaintiff of the risks associated with taking the drug
- Oversaw the settlement administration of 500 clients involved in pharmaceutical product liability, which involved submitting detailed medical claims packages and releases for each claim
- Handled multidistrict litigation and settlement of pharmaceutical litigation involving diabetes drugs, arthritis drugs, cholesterol drugs, SSRI antidepressants, birth control and medical devices
- Handled litigation involving catastrophic personal injuries due to an alleged dangerous condition of public property
- Handled litigation involving catastrophic personal injuries to a family due to an alleged defectively designed freeway off-ramp
- Handled litigation involving catastrophic personal injuries to a woman due to an alleged defectively designed concrete berm on a canyon road
Before becoming a Neutral at JAMS, Ms. Myer began her own law firm, providing Research Attorney and Mediation Associate services to well-known JAMS Neutrals on a wide variety of cases, including the following representative matters:
- Allocation of settlement funds in a multi-plaintiff pharmaceutical case
- Multiparty arbitration involving remediation of property exposed to toxic substances
- Neutral evaluation of a dispute between a construction company and a public entity involving allegations of delays and efficiencies associated with a project on a major California freeway
- Arbitration involving a dispute between a hospital and a health plan for alleged underpayment of claims, including post-stabilization claims and out-of-network charges
- Arbitration involving a dispute between a children’s hospital and a health plan for nonpayment of claims
- Arbitration between a hospital and a health plan involving the Medicaid expansion program
- Arbitration involving a dispute over the purchase of a film production company by a private equity firm
- Arbitration between a franchisor and franchisee regarding an alleged breach of the franchise agreement
- Discovery references involving health care and business litigation matters
- Mediation between a large tech company and various construction defendants regarding alleged deficiencies in the construction of a data center
- Neutral evaluation of issues presented by a class of plaintiffs against a food manufacturer for alleged false and deceptive labeling
- Employment discrimination arbitrations involving age discrimination