Hon. Stephen E. Neel (Ret.) has served as a full-time neutral since joining JAMS in 2011. Judge Neel brings nearly 40 years of trial management and judicial experience to his JAMS practice.
Judge Neel has experience managing and deciding complex arbitrations as a sole arbitrator, panel member and panel chair in a wide variety of matters, including commercial, construction, employment, insurance and professional malpractice matters.
As an arbitrator, Judge Neel works with counsel to develop a comprehensive case management order that is appropriate to the particular dispute. He then guides proceedings in an efficient, expeditious, and cost-efficient manner toward hearing and decision.
- Dispute over interpretation of LLC operating agreement
- Claim of breach of international distribution agreement
- Scope of mixed-use residential and retail condominium development project
- Chaired tripartite arbitration panel in dispute over indenture provision regarding purchase price of hydroelectric facility by lessor of project site
- Alleged wrongful termination based on violation of public policy
- Alleged wrongful termination based on disability
- Dispute over allocation of insurance proceeds
- Chaired tripartite arbitration panel in claim by insured against excess carrier
- Professional Malpractice
- Sole arbitrator in several medical malpractice/wrongful death cases