Judge Nowicki presided for more than twenty-two years in several divisions of the Circuit Court of Cook County, Chicago, Illinois, where she resolved a variety of matters including commercial disputes; corporate governance matters, nationwide and statewide class actions; insurance coverage disputes; torts including professional malpractice, product liability, wrongful death, and Structural Work Act (SWA) cases; employment-restrictive covenant and executive termination cases; injunctive matters; trust disputes; administrative reviews; real estate matters including foreclosures, partitions, and specific performance cases; and domestic relations disputes.
- Judge Nowicki has served as a mediator in numerous cases related to health care, including the following representative matters.
- Mediated numerous medical malpractice claims with and without accompanying coverage issues
- Mediated breach of contract and unjust enrichment claims in reimbursement agreements between health care provider and physicians
- Mediated a breach of fiduciary duty negligence, intentional infliction of emotional distress, intrusion into seclusion, misrepresentation, invasion of privacy, and tortious interference with prospective business relations case involving the loss and dissemination of confidential medical records of a patient by a number of medical institutions
- Mediated a negligence and willful and wanton claims in a misplaced frozen embryo case
- Mediated nursing home abuse and neglect matters