During his 26 years of experience as a trial judge on the Los Angeles Superior Court, Judge David Perez has presided over numerous jury trials involving medical, dental, legal, and other professional malpractice issues.
As a skillful mediator and arbitrator, he has earned a reputation as an effective neutral who has in-depth knowledge of the law and technical issues. Judge Perez’s expertise provides parties the best chance of resolving disputes regardless of their complexity or sensitivity.
- Alleged purposeful negligence by research facility’s senior staff, which resulted in patients who were part of a research project where they were being treated contra to federal and state guidelines
- Dental malpractice wherein oral surgery on patient resulted in nerve damage
- Lawsuit against OB/GYN for failure to deliver the baby early, resulting in brain damage to the infant
- Legal action against a pharmacy for filling a prescription with the wrong dosage causing severe psychological and physical injury to plaintiff
- Legal action by developer of a large residential tract against architectural firm that provided designs causing some homes to be built over public easements
- Legal malpractice against attorney for negligently setting up several family trusts, which resulted in audits and loss of tax benefits
- Legal malpractice claim alleging law firm improperly drafted agreement between inventor and manufacturer, which resulted in the inventor failing to receive stock dividends
- Legal malpractice where, in the underlying case, plaintiff was rendered a quadriplegic in a motorcycle vs. auto accident and a jury verdict was for the defendant
- Medical claim against University Medical Center and staff for improper surgery and subsequent care
- Medical claim that E.R. personnel failed to properly diagnose spinal cord injury to a traffic accident victim, which resulted in partial paralysis
- Professional liability case involving faulty tax advice to client, which resulted in a major tax liability