Donald R. Person, Esq. has mediated and arbitrated numerous business disputes. His expertise includes the successful resolution of disputes involving business entity formation, commercial transactions, operation and management of businesses, purchase and sale agreements, secured and unsecured financing, professional responsibility, business reorganizations, intellectual property rights, financial statement analysis, income and property taxes, profit sharing allocations, withdrawal and retirement of owners, and entity dissolution. Mr. Person has particular expertise in resolving pre-litigation claims and is adept at helping design and implement effective and economical discovery plans.
Mr. Person practiced law for 22 years before joining JAMS in 1997. He has extensive subject matter expertise in business and commercial matters. His transactional and litigation practice included forming many joint ventures, corporations and partnerships; negotiating and drafting purchase and sale, financing, work out, withdrawal, dissolution, and other business and commercial agreements; tax planning; payment and other business disputes; enforcement of trade mark and service mark rights; advising ongoing businesses; and other matters. He has lectured on taxes for the California Continuing Education of the Bar.
- Allocation of contingent liabilities between business co-owners
- Bifurcation and reorganization of business entities
- Business purchase and sale disputes
- Dairy operations
- Distribution of intellectual property rights and revenues
- Family business disputes
- Formation and implementation of business and profit sharing plans
- Power plant operation
- Withdrawal and retirement of the ranking senior partner from a prominent law firm