An attorney and mechanical engineer, Donald R. Person, Esq. has mediated and arbitrated numerous engineering disputes ranging from manufacturing, construction, and heavy industrial, to intellectual property, telecommunications, and computer operations and software. Without the necessity of expert testimony, attorneys have admitted raw data evidence and relied on Mr. Person to arbitrate cases involving power plant performance and construction scheduling and delay issues. His neutral evaluations have been accepted as the basis for settlements. Mr. Person is particularly adept at helping design and implement effective and economical discovery plans and resolving pre-litigation claims.
Mr. Person practiced law for 22 years before joining JAMS in 1997. He has extensive subject matter expertise in real estate, construction, business, and engineering matters. He has served as a court certified testifying and consulting expert witness. Mr. Person has significant work experience in manufacturing engineering and in the design and performance evaluation of rocket engine turbo-machinery. He participated in the design of the space shuttle rocket engines.
- Claims regarding the design and installation of assembly line facilities in a medium density fiberboard manufacturing plant
- Claims regarding the development and application of audio technology for HDTV
- Claims regarding the performance and operation of an electricity generating plant, including thermodynamic analysis
- Claims regarding the performance of gaming industry software
- Defect, payment, delay, acceleration, and other claims regarding the construction of highway and bridge, telecommunication, school, residential, commercial, and other public and private improvement construction projects