Throughout her 25 year litigation career, Adrienne Publicover, Esq. successfully resolved a wide variety of health care matters. In her role as Chair of her prior firm’s Benefits Committee, Adrienne also gained valuable insight concerning the health care marketplace. Adrienne is a member of the California Society of Healthcare Attorneys (CSHA), as well as the American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA). She is a member of the mediation and arbitration panels of the AHLA.
Adrienne’s integrity and background in health care garnered her the respect of her adversaries as an advocate and now allow her to bring valuable insight into the ADR process by credibly evaluating disputes on behalf of all parties.
She understands that these cases require creativity and enthusiasm and approaches each matter with a commitment to help parties resolve their disputes. Her skills and practice area knowledge are what allow her to build the bridges necessary to achieve resolution.
- Resolved a multitude of disputes between providers and payors, including claims of fraud, determination of applicable plan provisions, and application of stop-loss coverage
- Resolved numerous contractual and first party bad faith claims arising over benefit entitlement disputes, including issues of experimental treatment and medical necessity
- Resolved various benefit disputes involving group plans and arising under The Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Resolved numerous claims involving international travel medical insurance
- Resolved business disputes between physicians
- Licensed to practice law in California and Texas (inactive), as well as various federal courts
- California Society of Healthcare Attorneys (CSHA)
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- Association of Life Insurance Counsel (ALIC)
Selected Lectures and Speaking Engagements
- “Fraud: The $100B Problem that Affects Us All,” ABA Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee Seminar, 2018
- “Tell Me Lies: Advanced Strategies for Dealing with Fraud,” CLM Annual Conference 2017
- “Successfully Mediating Insurance Cases (I and II),” United Policyholders Webinar Series
- "California Fair Claims Settlement Practices Regulations", Lloyds London Market Association, 2011-2016
- “The Affordable Care Act: Employer’s Top Questions,” Wilson Elser Annual Employment Law Summit, 2015
- “ERISA: Identification & Implications”, presented to various London syndicates, 2015
- “Pick Your Poison: Venue, Removal & Judicial Hellholes,” presented to various London syndicates, 2015
- “Litigating Disability Claims," ACI Conference, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- "Life Insurance Case Law Update," DRI Life, Health, Disability & ERISA Conference, 2012
- "Life Insurance Case Law Update," Eastern & Western Claims Conferences, 2006-2016
- “Open Enrollment,” Business Insurance, October 2014
- “ERISA Insights,” Lawyer Monthly, January 2014
- “Female Powerbrokers,” Law 360, January 2014
- "Sweet Spot," Daily Journal, ADR Profile, October 6, 2017
- Attorney, Wilson Elser, 2005-2016
- Equity Partner, 2005-2016
- Managing Partner, Houston office, 2015
- Chair, Life, Health, Disability & ERISA practice team, 2006-2016
- Chair, Benefits Committee, 2013-2016
- Member, Executive Committee, 2012-2016
- Member, Partner Compensation Committee, 2013-2016
- Member, Lateral Hiring Committee, 2010-2016
- Pepperdine, Straus Institute of Dispute Resolution, Mediating the Litigated Case, January 2016
- J.D., University of California, Davis, King Hall School of Law, 1992
- B.S., with honors, University of California, Berkeley, 1989
“[Ms. Publicover] did incredible work and was always a pleasure to work with – smart, funny, responsive. You have a great talent in bringing the temperature down in contentious disputes and always keeping an eye on the end-goal.”
- WA D.C. Attorney
- "Thank you Adrienne for your help in getting this over the line. I think it's fair result but more significantly I don't think it's an outcome I expected us to reach to given previous discussions [...] we wouldn't have got there without your input. We didn't have a huge amount of time together, but that which we did have was fun as well."
-Chief Claims Officer at International Insurance Provider
- "You have such a gift for connecting with people. My clients always rave about you afterwards. I am so gald that we were able to get this resolved [...] you are at the top of the list of any cases I need mediated in the future."
-Bay Area Attorney
- "It was great to work with you and I really appreciate your diligence and careful handling [...] you had the perfect tone."
-Bay Area Attorney
- "[Adrienne] thank you for your efforts in resolving the case yesterday [...] you did a truly masterful job. We feel very good about the settlement [...] it's a win-win-win situation for all the parties. I just cannot think of a better resolution [...] my highest recommendation of your services."
-Partner & General Counsel at San Francisco
- "Adrienne’s subject matter expertise, personality, style and experience contributed to a successful resolution."
-Bay Area Attorney
- "Adrienne had the ability to reach my client’s understanding of the risks of proceeding, the ability to reason with a highly educated client at his level, all the while maintaining my client’s respect for me."
-Bay Area Attorney
- "Adrienne develops and has strong relationships with counsel and has intimate knowledge of how the decision-making process works in insurance companies, which resulted in good rapport with my client, which led to reaching a deal."
-Northern California Attorney
- "Her knowledge, empathy, and professionalism were key to the outcome."
- "Ms. Publicover continued meeting with the parties to make sure the case settled and her attention to detail and persistence made a difference."
- California Attorney
- "Her follow-up was key to getting the deal done."
- Bay Area Attorney
- "It was great to work with [Adrienne], and we really appreciate [her] helping us reach a settlement yesterday. I also very much appreciated [her] knowledge, skills, thoughtfulness, candor, and professionalism."
-Partner at San Francisco Firm
This page is for general information purposes. JAMS makes no representations or warranties regarding its accuracy or completeness. Interested persons should conduct their own research regarding information on this website before deciding to use JAMS, including investigation and research of JAMS neutrals. See More