Hon. Thomas R. Rakowski (Ret.) brings over 40 years of experience to his JAMS practice, including 23 years as a Judge at both the trial and appellate levels. Since joining JAMS in 2000, Judge Rakowski has mediated or arbitrated hundreds of matters in all areas of Illinois practice.
He understands both sides of a dispute and is prepared to listen, carefully analyze, and assist parties and counsel to reach innovative and sensible solutions.
Judge Rakowski’s class action experience covers the following areas, and includes resolution of both substantive claims and attorneys’ fees issues:
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) matters including:
- Junk faxes
- Unauthorized cell phone calls
- Unsolicited texts
- Sampson v. Kodak, a worldwide class action by owners of Kodak cameras, one of the largest class actions in Illinois history
- Chicago Flood Litigation, authored all Appellate Court opinions involving damage claims resulting from the great Chicago flood
- In re: Audi, Presided over nationwide products liability class against manufacturer of Audi autos