During a distinguished, 23-year judicial career and later as a JAMS neutral, Judge Rakowski has presided over hundreds of appeals and conducted countless bench and jury trials, pre-trial conferences, arbitrations, and mediations in nearly all areas of Illinois practice. Judge Rakowski understands both sides of a dispute and studies, listens, carefully analyzes, and assists parties and counsel to reach innovative and sensible results.
- High Rise Structures: Mediated an emotional matter involving a high-end condominium and water infiltration resulting in extensive property damage and mold infestation along with insurance coverage and allocation issues
- Manufacturing Facilities: Mediated a matter involving a manufacturing plant, alleged design defect, and the efficacy of a water purification system for non-potable water needed in the manufacturing process
- Public Buildings: Mediated a matter involving a community college and a state agency regarding defective roof and mold infestation
- Storage Facilities: Mediated a matter with multi-million dollars at issue involving a major food purveyor, food storage, an ammonia leak, reliance on material information, and insurance coverage
- Underground Tunnels: Authored all Appellate Court Opinions involving damage claims, including issues of tort immunity and economic loss, that ensued after a construction accident provoked the Great Chicago Flood