Mr. Roscoe, Esq.
serves exclusively as a mediator and arbitrator, bringing more than 20 years of experience in the resolution of employment issues, workplace conflict, and systems design in the public, private, and international sectors. He also mediates, arbitrates, and administers the resolution of certified and non-certified employment class action claims.
Mr. Roscoe has served as mediation trainer for the National Employment Law Institute (NELI), the National Employment Mediation Service, and the Equal Employment Advisory Council (EEAC). He presents regularly to law firms, government agencies, corporations, and professional organizations on the effective use of conflict management and mediation techniques in employment and labor cases.
- Designed and administered mediation program which resolved class action employment litigation brought against top U.S. automobile manufacturer
- Designs conflict management systems for corporate and government entities and trains legal and human resources departments on dispute resolution techniques for the effective use of dispute resolution processes
- Participated in the design and implementation of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s (EEOC) first pilot mediation program conducted in Houston, Philadelphia, New Orleans, and Washington, D.C.
- Administered, mediated, and arbitrated streams of cases pursuant to certified and non-certified employment class action complaints, with specific experience in the telecommunications, securities, airlines, and manufacturing industries, as well as public accommodations
- Arbitrated individual employment cases nationwide; no decision or award has ever been challenged
- Mediated and arbitrated all aspects of employment claims including Title VII, sexual harassment, wrongful discharge, negligent hiring and supervision, failure to hire, failure to follow administrative procedures, retaliation, FMLA, ADA, ADEA, and Equal Pay
- Mediated confidential cases involving federal employees engaged in intelligence, national security, and nuclear energy regulatory issues
- Mediated employment matters involving highly compensated individuals including: the Vice President of a major US airline, officer of international commercial real estate brokerage firm, officer of an international software company, senior partners in national law firms, and highly-placed political officials in both the legislative and executive branches
- Mediated federal employment cases nationwide involving the United States Postal Service, the Department of Justice, and virtually every other federal government agency
- Mediated individual and class discrimination allegations initiated by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Mediated international maritime employment litigation brought by a class of individuals employed at the Panama Canal
- Mediated multiple plaintiff case against major hotel involving allegations of discrimination and violation of public accommodation
- Selected to mediate “whistleblower” employment litigation brought pursuant to water quality issues (lead in public water system) in the District of Columbia