Jerry Roscoe, Esq.
has decades of experience resolving government disputes in the United States and overseas. He is well known for his ability to resolve complex, multi-party matters involving technical, contract, fraud, tort, health care, environmental, telecommunications, public policy, and international law issues.
Mr. Roscoe has designed dispute resolution processes for numerous federal agencies and Fortune 500 companies. He has conducted ADR training for thousands of government professionals, including attorneys, judges, and mediators in the United States and abroad.
Mr. Roscoe has mediated a wide variety of government-related disputes involving virtually every industry, including: health care, legal, environmental, insurance, securities and financial, transportation, energy, construction, and international telecommunications.
- Administrative/Rulemaking: Mediated a case on remand from the Supreme Court of the United States establishing the federal definition of "coal operator"
- Class Action: Mediation involving the provision of police services to the Federal Government
- Employment: Mediated hundreds of employment-related cases involving most federal agencies, including the United States Congress and the Executive Branch. Mediated an international employment class action related to turnover of Panama Canal ownership.
- Environmental: Mediated multiple environmental disputes involving Superfund and CERCLA issues; a federal action involving a national environmental organization suing the federal government over water resource allocation; water contamination by the U.S. Government resulting from World War II zinc mining operations; a state government and 63 PRPs involving remediation and allocation of liability and costs for contamination of waterways; leaking underground storage tanks; and groundwater contamination. Mediated a federal appellate case dealing with siting of liquefied natural gas storage and transmission facilities in New England.
- False Claims Act: Mediated matters including billion dollar dispute involving allegations of government contract fraud related to defense procurement worldwide, including national and international commodity accounting, distribution, and purchasing systems. Also mediates allegations of Health Care Fraud/qui tam actions.
- Government Contract: Mediated local government contracts involving Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. Mediated a federal suit involving local court systems for the provision of legal services that provided interim care for children.
- International Government Contract: Mediated a dispute regarding the design and implementation of the Internet in the Middle East
- Maritime/Admiralty: Mediated a case involving federal liability for activities on merchant vessels used to support United States war efforts
- Public Policy: Mediated and arbitrated cases involving health care procedure coding, medical negligence, credentialing, and reimbursement. Mediated international political conflicts in Bosnia between the Croats and Muslims.
- Tort/Insurance: Mediated vaccine personal injury claims involving insurance liability, coverage, and reinsurance issues in cases ranging from disease to total disability