David S. Ross, Esq. is a mediator with JAMS. He has resolved hundreds of two-party and multi-party disputes throughout the country, including business disputes involving claims of breach of contract, breach of representations and warranties, breach of fiduciary duties, unjust enrichment, corporate waste, conspiracy, and libel and slander.
Mr. Ross, whose mediation career has been featured in The New York Law Journal and The National Law Journal, also teaches a negotiation course at Columbia University Law School.
- Breach of contract claim brought on behalf of a deceased CEO of a national design company against an executive search firm over finders' fees and services rendered
- Business libel and slander cases
- Cases involving allegations of insider trading
- Claims by an Arizona financial consultant alleging tortious business interference against a New York bank
- Complex, multi-party dispute between shareholders of an executive search business and various consulting firms. Claims involved allegations of breach of contract, anticipatory breach of oral and written agreements, conspiracy, breaches of fiduciary duty, misappropriation of corporate monies, and corporate waste
- Contract dispute between a Latin American private equity fund and various business partnerships and joint ventures
- Dispute alleging the breach of a consulting agreement between a New York hospital and a former employee who was the victim of a gun shot attack while at work
- Dispute between co-owners of an architectural firm over operational issues
- Dispute over the payment and termination provisions in a Purchase Agreement between a Dutch conglomerate and a U.S. industrial equipment corporation
- Disputes involving allegations of breaches of representations and warranties
- Dozens of bonus claims by former brokers, traders, and research analysts against most of the major investment banks. For example, Mr. Ross resolved a multi-million dollar bonus claim and breach of implied contract claim brought by a former Director of Investment Banking against her former employer
- Fraudulent inducement and breach of contract claims brought by a senior corporate bond salesman located in Hong Kong against an international bank
- Unjust enrichment claim by a senior manager against a global insurance company for the alleged unlawful withholding of contract payments