David S. Ross, Esq. is a mediator with JAMS, and has resolved thousands of two-party and multi-party employment disputes throughout the country, including class actions.
Mr. Ross specializes in resolving employment-related disputes. Mr. Ross has settled claims of discrimination based on age, disability, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex and sexual orientation, as well as disability, FMLA, severance, bonus, breach of contract, and ERISA claims. Mr. Ross has settled sexual harassment class actions and hundreds of individual sexual harassment matters.
Mr. Ross, whose mediation career has been featured in The New York Law Journal and The National Law Journal, also teaches a negotiation course at Columbia University Law School.
- Settled an eight plaintiff class action involving FLSA, retaliation, hiring of a minor, spread of hours and failure to accommodate claims against a national warehouse chain
- A sexual harassment and retaliation class action brought by female employees of an international air carrier. The case alleged widespread harassment by supervisors, and thus resulted in one of the largest settlements in New York State history
- Age discrimination, ERISA, severance, and libel claims brought by an Executive Vice-President and General Manager of a European bank against his former employer
- Claim by a female administrative assistant that the CEO of a major insurance carrier retaliated against her and denied her FMLA rights when she refused his sexual advances
- Claim by a Managing Director of an investment bank that he was wrongfully terminated when senior management learned that he was infected with HIV
- Claim by the company manager of a Broadway production that he was discriminated against based on his gender and his sexual orientation as a heterosexual male
- Claims by a Hispanic male marketing manager that his male supervisor sexually harassed him and retaliated against him by failing to promote him
- Claims by several African American security guards against an entertainment conglomerate alleging racial discrimination, hostile work environment, and wrongful termination
- Discrimination, retaliation, and intentional infliction of emotional distress claims brought by an Indian male physician who served as the Director of Clinical Research at a major hospital
- Dozens of bonus claims by former brokers, traders, and research analysts against most of the major investment banks. For example, Mr. Ross resolved a multi-million dollar bonus claim and breach of implied contract claim brought by a former Director of Investment Banking against her former employer
- Hundreds of gender discrimination and failure to promote claims brought by female brokers, traders, managers, financial advisors, and research analysts against most of the major U.S. investment banks
- Wrongful termination claim by a female high school teacher against the school superintendent and the school district