Linda R. Singer, Esq., a nationally-known neutral, has over 30 years of dispute resolution experience as an arbitrator, mediator, civil litigator, and a neutral evaluator. She served as a special master to the U.S. District Court, S.D.N.Y., and has been appointed as a mediator by numerous federal and state courts.
Ms. Singer has conducted hundreds of arbitrations in the U.S. and abroad involving two-party and multi-party disputes in a wide variety of subject areas: antitrust, bankruptcy, civil rights, complex commercial, construction, employment, environmental, franchise, government, insurance, international, products liability, securities, technology, and others. She arbitrates cases under the rules of JAMS, AAA, CPR, and other programs established by consent decrees, employers, and organizations.
She has managed complex discovery, including issues associated with electronic discovery. Ms. Singer has designed arbitration and other forms of claims processes for private companies, court systems, and government agencies. Recently she was appointed to the CPR Challenge Review Committee.
- Arbitrated allegations of defamation and breach of contract under executives’ and physicians’ employment contracts
- Arbitrated breach of contract claims between franchisors and franchisees
- Arbitrated claims of disability discrimination against defense contractor
- Arbitrated claims of discrimination and breach of fiduciary obligations between an international law firm and a former partner
- Arbitrated claims of interference with first amendment rights and breach of settlement agreement against legacy airline
- Arbitrated claims of unfair competition between health insurers
- Arbitrated claims of wrongful termination against numerous employers
- Arbitrated disputes pursuant to long-term agreements between sales representatives and suppliers
- Arbitrated individual job relief claims under a class action settlement of racial discrimination claims in the utilities industry
- Arbitrated insurance claims by injured athletes against major league sports franchise
- Arbitrated multi-million dollar claims pursuant to the consent decree between Black Farmers and the United States Department of Agriculture
- Arbitrated putative consumer class actions over alleged anti-competitive conduct by leading telecommunications companies in the long distance telephone market
- Served as neutral chair of an arbitration panel to adjudicate the rights of leading Fortune 500 technology firms in long-term contracts for internet advertising
- Served as neutral chair of panel and resolved disputes over electronic discovery against major brokerage company and a former employee