Linda R. Singer, Esq., a nationally-known neutral, has over 30 years of dispute resolution experience as an arbitrator, mediator, civil litigator, and a neutral evaluator. She served as a special master to the U.S. District Court, S.D.N.Y., and has been appointed as a mediator by numerous federal and state courts.
Ms. Singer pioneered the development of mediation as a practice, training fellow mediators and lawyers throughout the United States, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. She has conducted hundreds of complex and multi-party cases in the U.S. and abroad involving corporations and partnerships, businesses, and governmental entities.
Representative matters include supply contracts, banking, franchising, professional liability, anti-trust, unfair competition, trademark, patents, real estate, bankruptcy, debt restructuring, insurance coverage, reinsurance, fidelity bonds, telecommunications, trade secrets, product liability, partnership dissolutions, and stockholder buyouts.
Ms. Singer serves on the Mid-Atlantic Area Council for mediating disputes in the wholesale electric utility industry, and a panel that mediates disputes involving the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. She has designed ADR processes for private companies, court systems, and government agencies.
- Conducted successful mediations between franchisors and franchisees in the food, retail, employment agency, and hotel industries
- Mediated allocation of assets and liabilities on sale of business
- Resolved claims of unfair competition and theft of trade secrets among high-tech and pharmaceutical former joint venturers and competitors
- Resolved insurance coverage disputes involving environmental, product liability, libel, and employment-related issues
- Resolved numerous multi-party cases involving the allocation of responsibility among federal, state, and municipal governments; parent companies and subsidiaries; and hundreds of private parties for cleaning up hazardous waste sites throughout the country. Matters involved recovery of past and future costs, site remediation, and technical impractibility.
- Resolved post-arbitration dispute over payment of a multi-million dollar liability among French and American manufacturers, insurers, and reinsurers
- Resolved unfair competition and theft of trade secrets among high-tech competitors
- Settled antitrust dispute among telecommunications companies over internet telephone directories
- Settled claims of redlining brought by housing discrimination organizations against a major insurance carrier
- Settled construction defect disputes and disputes among real estate developers
- Settled contract dispute between U.S. chemical supplier and Pakistani drug manufacturer involving conflicts between U.S. and Pakistani law
- Settled disputes between the U.S. Department of Justice and the owners of stadium theaters and hotel franchisors over accessibility under the American With Disabilities Act
- Settled fraud and contract claims among 13 health insurers, reinsurers, and brokers
- Settled in bankruptcy a class action for securities fraud against creditors of purchaser of multiple family businesses
- Settled multi-party contract dispute over the relocation of thousands of employees
- Settled multiple actions against banks and savings and loan associations brought by the FDIC and the Resolution Trust Corporation, including the restructuring of multi-million dollar loans
- Arbitrated a variety of breach of contract claims, including those between franchisors and franchisees and between sales representatives and suppliers
- Arbitrated claims of unfair competition between health insurers
- Arbitrated putative consumer class actions over alleged anti-competitive conduct by leading telecommunications companies in the long distance telephone market
- Served as the neutral chair of an arbitration panel to adjudicate the rights of leading Fortune 500 technology firms in long-term contracts for internet advertising