Linda R. Singer, Esq., a nationally-known employment neutral, has over 30 years of dispute resolution experience as an arbitrator, mediator, civil litigator, and a neutral evaluator. Ms. Singer is known for the resolution of highly sensitive, confidential disputes.
She served as a special master to the U.S. District Court, S.D.N.Y., and has been appointed as a mediator by numerous federal and state courts. Ms. Singer pioneered the development of mediation as a practice, training fellow mediators and lawyers throughout the United States, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand.
She has resolved hundreds of employment disputes, numerous #MeToo, joint employer and age discrimination claims ranging from individual complaints to multiple plaintiff complaints, class and collective actions, employment contracts and partnership agreements, all types of discrimination and harassment, wage and hour violations, pension plans, equal pay and benefits.
Ms. Singer has conducted seminars nationwide on the settlement of employment disputes, and designed and operated systems to facilitate settlement of streams of disputes involving a single employer.
- Settled eight year-old race discrimination class action against Merrill Lynch and held hearings to distribute the settlement fund amongst class members
- Numerous claims of retaliation by whistleblowers against their employers
- Class actions involving wage and hour violations, discrimination, and ERISA
- Breach of contract and discrimination claims between a national non-profit association and its executive director
- Claims alleging discrimination against working matters by financial services and law firms
- Claims of named plaintiffs and large producers arising out of class actions in the financial services and telecommunications industries
- Claims of sexual assault by employees against executives of international Fortune 500 companies
- Class or collective actions involving claims of discrimination against numerous private companies or federal agencies and their employees
- Disability discrimination claim against a health insurer
- Disputes between a financial services firm and its general counsel and associate general counsel
- Race and sex discrimination claims between on-air radio and television personalities, local stations, and networks
- Sexual harassment claim between a factory worker and a major aircraft company
- Sexual harassment complaints by restaurant workers against franchisees and chains
- Tenure disputes between professors and their universities
- Arbitrated claims of disability discrimination against defense contractor
- Arbitrated claims of interference with first amendment rights and breach of settlement agreement against legacy airline
- Arbitrated claims of wrongful termination against numerous employers
- Arbitrated claims of disability discrimination against a defense contractor
- Arbitrated job relief claims against a public utility
- Arbitrated partnership dispute between a major international law firm and a terminated partner
- Arbitrated racial and religious discrimination claims against a major oil refinery
- Assisted the parties in designing and implementing procedures to resolve hundreds of individual claims when federal courts declined to certify classes or as part of the settlement of class actions
- Supervised the design and implementation of the pilot mediation programs now operated by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Government Accountability Office, the Office of Congressional Compliance, and the District of Columbia Office of Human Rights