Jerry Spolter, Esq.
, has been the recipient of numerous awards in mediation throughout the Bay Area and has served as a neutral in more than 3,000 disputes since 1980. His experience covering a wide-range of business, construction, employment, professional liability, and personal injury matters has provided him an in-depth insight to the various types, layers, applications, and nuances of insurance litigation and mediation. Key factors in his success strategies are being fully prepared before the mediation, resolving “red-flag” issues before and early on during the mediation, and tenaciously pursuing settlement during, or when needed, following mediation.
- Mediated multiple personal injury, construction defect, and fire claims involving competing insurance coverage disputes, subrogation, and lien claims
- Mediated numerous catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death disputes including: wrongful death allegations arising from airline crash which included pre-impact pain and suffering; parents’ action against electric garage door manufacturer and installer for crushing death of five-year-old; seaman disabled due to traumatic chest injuries resulting from alleged defective vessel equipment; fall from ski gondola with claim of negligence and products liability
- Settled $13 million dollar claims of bankrupt real estate developer against five insurance carriers for alleged bad faith denial of coverage regarding underlying real estate investment partnerships
- Settled $6.7 million dollar dispute for alleged bad faith and delayed claims handling resulting from water damage and mold, including claims for repair and remediation, emotional distress, and punitive damages
- Successfully mediated domestic insurance carriers’ dispute regarding contingent liability for lost-in-transit cargo claims in Mexico
- Successfully resolved disability insurance claims against insurer based on post-traumatic stress disorder from combined childhood abuse and emergency room trauma
- Successfully resolved homeowner’s claims of bad faith handling of water intrusion, personal property, and residence damage with B&P §17200 claims
- Successfully resolved multiple P&I Club and Lloyds of London Insurance related claims