Hon. Steven J. Stone (Ret.) has extensive experience successfully handling high-profile entertainment matters involving the music, film, television, sports and media industries. With more than 20 years on the superior court and state appellate bench and over 14 years at JAMS, he has handled all types of civil disputes and litigation by way of trial, review and alternative resolution.
Justice Stone has the keen ability to instill confidence in clients, identify key issues, and bring parties together by expertly managing expectations and diffusing sensitive situations. Meticulous and determined, he is known for creative settlements and his persistent approach to resolve disputes in all areas of civil litigation.
- Dispute over music industry related copyright infringement and royalties
- Entertainment mediation involving television series net profits between series lead actor and production company
- Mediated breach of contract claims involving adult film production
- Mediation between television show producer and production company involving claims of delinquent compensation following audit
- Mediation involving allegations of name and image misappropriation by Academy award-winning actress against an international watch company
- Mediation of television show royalties dispute between production company and actor
- Music industry royalty mediation between singer-songwriter and major music label
- Royalties dispute concerning Emmy-nominated actor share of profits from television show syndication
- Sexual harassment arbitration involving production company