As a practicing lawyer, Judge of the Superior Court, and as a Presiding Justice of the California Court of Appeal, Justice Stone has litigated, settled, tried, presided over and participated in and authored appellate opinions concerning many issues arising in insurance matters, including coverage, policy construction and bad faith.
Since joining JAMS as a mediator and arbitrator, Justice Stone has successfully applied his negotiation skills to the settlement of insurance matters.
- Interpretation of agreements between members of a self-insurance pool
- Successful mediation of a number of cases of alleged bad faith failure to pay theft loss insurance benefits
- Successful mediation of alleged bad faith refusal to pay life insurance benefits
- Successful resolution of alleged bad faith refusal to pay disability insurance benefits
- Successful resolution of an alleged bad faith refusal to pay claims on an earthquake policy claim
- Successful resolution of coverage issues and bad faith refusal to pay a multi-million dollar wrongful death judgment