As a lawyer, Superior Court Judge, and Presiding Justice of the Court of Appeal, Justice Stone has litigated, settled, tried and written published appellate decisions concerning all types of real estate disputes.
Since joining JAMS as a mediator and arbitrator, Justice Stone has successfully applied his negotiation skills to the settlement of complex real estate disputes.
- Condemnation, direct and inverse
- Flood damage litigation
- Numerous cases involving brokers' and sellers' liability for non-disclosure
- Property evaluations in partnership and marital dissolutions
- Real estate contract and lease interpretations
- Real estate transaction document interpretation
- Resolution of easement disputes
- Several cases for rescission of real estate contracts, with attendant damages