Throughout his career, first as an Orange County Superior Court judge and later a full-time neutral, Judge Sundvold has been highly regarded among counsel for his ability to settle cases. While on the court’s complex civil panel, he rarely tried cases because so many would be resolved in his near-daily settlement conferences.
Judge Sundvold brings that ability to JAMS when resolving personal injury cases, as well as a reputation for being fair-minded and respectful to all sides of a case. He enjoys the challenge of settling disputes, often going above and beyond parties’ expectations to ensure that their matters are resolved as timely and efficiently as possible.
- Bus-versus-bicycle death of 50-year-old male alleged to be out of marked crosswalk at time of accident
- Case involving brain injury from alleged excessive force by police officer resulting in dispute over nature and extent of residual impairment
- Dispute involving car-versus-train where design of railroad crossing was allegedly cause of accident resulting in severe facial injuries to 25-year-old female
- Dispute involving minor plaintiff who lost leg after public transportation agency bus struck plaintiff
- Mediated dispute involving personal injuries allegedly caused by exposure to toxic materials
- Mediation between individual and city following university bus-versus-bicycle collision that led to plaintiff’s brain damage
- Mediator on case involving assault and battery claims between two neighbors with serious injuries
- Medical malpractice dispute involving minor’s burns allegedly caused by acid spilled during procedure. Matter included Dillon v. Legg claim from mother, who witnessed the procedure.
- Multi-million-dollar claim against bicycle manufacturer for defects resulting in quadriplegic injury to 30-year-old
- Multi-million-dollar bicycle accident claims alleging road design complications that resulted in 63-year-old man being rendered quadriplegic
- Personal injury and premises liability case involving several elderly plaintiffs in retirement apartments alleging exposure to mold
- Personal injury death case involving crane rollover on construction site
- Premises liability matter involving individual’s trip-and-fall claims against city
- Settled multiple disputes arising out of major train crash in Southern California
- Uninsured motorist arbitration involving three-vehicle hit-and-run collision