Hon. Thomas Neal Thrasher (Ret.) retired from the Orange County Superior Court and has four decades of judicial and legal experience. He spent 16 years on the bench handling civil cases and conducting numerous trial and settlement conferences. Judge Thrasher created the mediation program in the Orange County Superior Court in January 2002 and was its sole mediator. In addition to handling a regular 500-case inventory while on the Superior Court bench, he conducted more than 1,000 mediations in a wide variety of disputes from January 2002 through October 2004.
Judge Thrasher successfully resolved a vast assortment of civil/business matters, including high technology disputes, business management disputes, corporate and partnership cases, sales of business, board of directors/shareholders disputes, contract matters, creditor/debtor disputes, franchisor/franchisee cases. He handled all types of employment cases, including wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, commission and wage claims. Judge Thrasher has successfully resolved numerous matters including the following.
- Attorney fee disputes
- Breach of multimillion-dollar joint venture agreement for development of real property
- Corporate director and shareholder disputes
- Dispute between fishing company and international buyer
- Dispute between national food franchisor and franchisee
- Dispute involving national gas company’s lease and termination provisions
- Disputes involving royalties due
- Disputes involving significant accounting issues
- Disputes involving telecommunications/wireless technology
- Equipment lease cases
- Medical group shareholder dispute involving over $1 million
- Negotiation of bankruptcy disputes
- Partnership dissolutions, including medical and dental practices