Having established the Orange County Superior Court’s mediation program and serving as its sole mediator before joining JAMS, Judge Thrasher has long been regarded for his settlement skills. It’s a reputation that has followed Judge Thrasher in his career as a full-time neutral, where he has successfully resolved a wide variety of personal injury cases including, but not limited to, premises liability, auto liability, construction site accidents, medical and dental malpractice, product defect, and wrongful death matters.
Judge Thrasher pushes parties to mediate their disputes early and work out disagreements as quickly as possible to avoid further litigation and costs. He is skilled at developing trust among and between parties, encouraging all involved to stop trying to prove who’s right and who’s wrong and instead search for solutions.
- Automobile-related wrongful death claims involving allegations of defective highway designs and dangerous construction sites
- Experience handling uninsured motorist arbitrations
- Extensive experience handling premises liability disputes, including matters involving slip-and-fall claims in hotels, stores, parking lots, and sidewalks
- Matters arising out of construction site accidents
- Mediator and arbitrator for numerous cases arising from accidents resulting in serious injuries involving automobiles, pedestrians, bicycles, and motorcycles
- Resolved disputes involving boating accidents that resulted in serious injuries
- Resolved numerous matters involving elder abuse and nursing home facility malpractice claims
- Dog bite cases involving serious injuries to adults and children
- Experience resolving assault and battery claims
- Judge of the Year, 2004 (Hon. Jerrold Oliver Award), presented by the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- Judge of the Year, Business Litigation Section, Orange County Bar Association, 1994
- Board of Governors, Orange County Association of Business Trial Lawyers, 1999-2001
- Supervising Judge, Orange County Superior Court Civil panel, 1992-1997
- Assistant Presiding Judge, Orange County Superior Court, 1998-2000
- President, Robert A. Banyard Inn of Court, 1995-1998
- Adjunct Professor ("Real Property"), Western State University College of Law, Fullerton, Orange County, 1967-1987
- Community Preservation Award, presented by the Santa Ana Historical Society, 2004
- For Courthouse Wall of Fame, historical photos, and planting orange trees
- Judge, Superior Court, Orange County, 1988-2004 (Supervising Judge, Civil Panel, 1992-1997; Assistant Presiding Judge, 1998-1999)
- Chair, Arbitration Committee; Chair, Judicial Education/Workshop Committee; Chair Bench/Bar Civil Case Management Committee; Rules and Forms Committee; State Chair of California Judges Association Civil Law and Procedures Committee (1996–1997)
- "If your clients are serious about settling difficult cases…, the best man to bring about resolution, many lawyers say, is Judge Thrasher."
- "He is an active listener, let the parties express themselves, gave clear and concise comments and was courteous to all parties. I would highly recommend him for mediations involving civil business litigation of all kinds."
- Southern California attorney
This page is for general information purposes. JAMS makes no representations or warranties regarding its accuracy or completeness. Interested persons should conduct their own research regarding information on this website before deciding to use JAMS, including investigation and research of JAMS neutrals. See More