Having established the Orange County Superior Court’s mediation program and serving as its sole mediator before joining JAMS, Judge Thrasher has long been regarded for his settlement skills. It’s a reputation that has followed Judge Thrasher in his career as a full-time neutral, where he has successfully resolved a wide variety of personal injury cases including, but not limited to, premises liability, auto liability, construction site accidents, medical and dental malpractice, product defect, and wrongful death matters.
Judge Thrasher pushes parties to mediate their disputes early and work out disagreements as quickly as possible to avoid further litigation and costs. He is skilled at developing trust among and between parties, encouraging all involved to stop trying to prove who’s right and who’s wrong and instead search for solutions.
- Automobile-related wrongful death claims involving allegations of defective highway designs and dangerous construction sites
- Experience handling uninsured motorist arbitrations
- Extensive experience handling premises liability disputes, including matters involving slip-and-fall claims in hotels, stores, parking lots, and sidewalks
- Matters arising out of construction site accidents
- Mediator and arbitrator for numerous cases arising from accidents resulting in serious injuries involving automobiles, pedestrians, bicycles, and motorcycles
- Resolved disputes involving boating accidents that resulted in serious injuries
- Resolved numerous matters involving elder abuse and nursing home facility malpractice claims
- Dog bite cases involving serious injuries to adults and children
- Experience resolving assault and battery claims