Hon. Thomas Neal Thrasher (Ret.) recently retired from the Orange County Superior Court and has four decades of judicial and legal experience. Judge Thrasher has tried numerous real property cases and from 2002 to 2004; as sole mediator for the court, he mediated and settled hundreds more. It should be noted that Judge Thrasher was an adjunct professor of real property at Western State University of Law for 20 years.
Judge Thrasher created the mediation program in the Orange County Superior Court in January 2002 and was its sole mediator. In addition to handling a regular 500-case inventory while on the Superior Court bench, he conducted more than 1,000 mediations in a wide variety of disputes from January 2002 through October 2004. Judge Thrasher successfully resolved a wide variety of real property matters, including easement cases, escrow disputes, land use problems, eminent domain, partition, homeowner association/CCR disputes, tree and view disputes, boundary line contests, landlord/tenant matters, and miscellaneous title problems.
- Construction defect cases, soil subsidence, landslides
- Dispute involving multi-million dollar transactions, breach of escrows
- Disputes between homeowner associations and homeowners regarding a variety of matters, including paint, remodeling, trees, views, etc.
- Easement cases
- Eminent domain issues between land owners and government
- Fraud and failure to disclose issues involving the sale of residential and commercial property
- Landlord/tenant lease disputes, commercial and residential
- Mediated sales dispute of restaurant with 22 motel units
- Mediated to settlement 11 homeowner claims for failure to disclose case against developer
- Partition actions between family members