- Automobile Dealer Encroachment. Disputes regarding add points and relocations. Issues include sales impact, market penetration, manufacturer marketing strategy, brand alignment, capital investments, and state statute applicability.
- Dealer Chargebacks. Dispute with automobile manufacturer relating to warranty repair and maintenance service provided to customers who purchased cars from other dealerships.
- Employee Purchases. Automobile manufacturer dispute with national-leader dealer regarding legitimacy and documentation of purchases under a price reduction program.
- Fast Food. Settled 30-site regional master franchisee dispute with franchisor regarding maintenance of quality standards, consistency of brand experience, product updates, accounting/reporting compliance, and fulfillment of franchise expansion requirements.
- Financial Services. Settled class action suit by 100+ franchisees against franchisor regarding profit-sharing on financial services product, including past payments and future practices.
- Franchise Purchase Denial. Dispute between automobile dealer and manufacturer regarding basis for denial, past performance at other dealerships, comparison of different manufacturer dealer approval criteria, and standards for agency and judicial review.
- Health Care Services. Settled dispute relating to franchisor assistance quality, past payment amounts due, and franchise termination terms. Issues included unequal treatment for franchisor-owned locations and markups on franchisor-negotiated-contract supply costs.
- Hotel. Developer dispute with hotel franchisor relating to quality standards associated with a prestige brand, allowable variations, and quality comparisons with comparable hotels.
- State Line. Encroachment dispute relating to a new dealership across a state line near an existing one. Issues included manufacturer requirement that dealer relocate in another state.
- Visiting Nurses. Dispute with franchisor-owner relating to division of profits, franchisee benefits, and financial investment versus business knowledge.
- Recognized internationally by Who's Who Legal: Mediation, 2018
- Best Lawyers in America, 2014-2022
- Distinguished Fellow, International Association of Mediators
- Named "Entertainment Industry Power Mediator" by Hollywood Reporter Esquire
- Elected Town Moderator, Concord, MA
- Member: ABA Sections on Dispute Resolution, International Law; Association for Conflict Resolution; FDIC, USEPA Superfund Pilot Program, and Library of Congress Copyright Arbitration Royalty panels
- Board Member: MA Bar Foundation, Schweitzer Fellowship, Jericho Road Project
- Lecturer on ADR at national/international forums: ABA, American Corporate Counsel Association, CPR Institute for Dispute Resolution, International Bar Association, World Economic Forum Mid-East North African Qatar Summit, Nigerian International Insurance Summit keynote, and in Canada, Hong Kong, Japan; published in ABA Dispute Resolution magazine
- Massachusetts Undersecretary, Economic Affairs; Assistant Secretary, Environmental Affairs
- Seven-year federal litigation legal practice
- J.D., cum laude, Harvard Law School, 1971
- M.Sc., London School of Economics, 1968
- A.B., Phi Beta Kappa, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1967
- "The tenacity, energy and diplomacy you brought to the negotiation allowed you to be successful where many earlier efforts had failed."
- COO of Major Company
- Civil Rights
- Class Action/Mass Tort
- Engineering and Construction
- Entertainment and Sports
- Federal Law
- Governmental/Public Agency
- Health Care
- Indian Law
- Intellectual Property
- International & Cross-Border
- Personal Injury/Torts
- Professional Liability
- Real Property
This page is for general information purposes. JAMS makes no representations or warranties regarding its accuracy or completeness. Interested persons should conduct their own research regarding information on this website before deciding to use JAMS, including investigation and research of JAMS neutrals. See More