Hon. Diane Wayne (Ret.) has been a full-time ADR professional for nearly 20 years. Prior to her career as a mediator, arbitrator, and general and discovery referee, Judge Wayne enjoyed a notable career as a Judge on the Los Angeles Municipal Court and the Los Angeles County Superior Court. Throughout the course of her distinguished legal career, Judge Wayne has handled numerous disputes within the health care industry granting her keen insight into the many unique facets of health care law.
Judge Wayne has received many accolades for her ability as an ADR professional. To her work Judge Wayne brings a sense of humor, which helps to diffuse elevated emotions in even the most contentious of disputes. Her approachable and straightforward manner helps to solicit cooperation and puts parties at ease. As an arbitrator, Judge Wayne is an effective case manager and draws upon her 20 years’ experience as a Judge and as a law school professor.
- Mediated a provider-insurer reimbursement dispute involving an intravenous infusion services company
- Mediated a dispute between a leading provider of rehabilitation services and a medical center
- Mediated several partnership dissolution disputes among members of physicians groups
- Numerous employment disputes within the health care industry including alleged gender-biased failure to promote, wrongful terminations
- Served as referee in matter involving nursing home and its alleged failure to ensure proper monitoring and prevention of infections, proper monitoring of medications, proper charting and record keeping, proper hygiene, proper nutrition, and proper turning and positioning to prevent skin breakdown
- Insurer-insured coverage disputes alleging non-payment of health care benefits pursuant to health insurance policy
- Numerous medical malpractice claims involving hospital and physicians
- Medical staff hearings related to disputes between hospital medical staff and hospital governing bodies involving contractual terms and/or discipline matters
- Medicare and Medicaid disputes
- Numerous contractual dispute between physicians and their medical groups
- Disputes over mergers, sales, dissolutions and other business issues among hospitals
- Discovery Referee in mass tort involving allegations of exposure to trichloroethylene (TCE) and ammonium perchlorate by over 700 individuals in a community in Southern California resulting in cancer incidence in adults and children and prevalence of congenital hypothyroidism in newborns in the community at issue
- Mediation of dispute involving Los Angeles General Hospital and Rancho Los Amigos for underserved community and a municipality concerning potential closure of rehabilitation center due to budgetary constraints
- Has handled numerous False Claims Act matters within the health care industry