As a sitting judge, mediator, arbitrator, and discovery referee, Judge Diane Wayne has extensive experience with a wide range of entertainment issues, including profit participation, royalty, copyright, use of name or likeness, breach of contract, prior restraint, unfair competition, and trademark infringement within the motion picture, television, and music industries.
- Elizabeth Taylor v. NBC, a suit to enjoin the network from airing a story about the actress
- Shewmake v. Michael Landon, a copyright violation claim regarding script for television feature film
- Tracy Ullman v. 20th Century Fox, regarding the rights to The Simpson's television show
- Credit entitlement dispute between writers
- Managed copyright dispute with Writer's Guild over entitlement to script proceeds after a partnership dissolution
- Proscribed use of trade secrets between theatrical distributors
- Unauthorized use of likeness in television commercial