Hon. Rebecca Westerfield (Ret.) has been a full-time JAMS panelist since 1992. She is widely perceived as an excellent mediator and has an extremely high settlement rate. Judge Westerfield is known for her ability to grasp legal and factual issues quickly, as well as reading the personalities involved. She has arbitrated numerous cases involving charges of unsuitable investments and securities fraud involving brokerage firms and hedge funds. Additionally, she has successfully mediated complex cases with multiple claimants involving allegations of financial abuse and high emotional content.
Judge Westerfield is available to mediate or arbitrate securities disputes on a nationwide basis.
- Backdated stock options disputes
- Breach of fiduciary duties
- Brokerage firm's failure to supervise
- Employment disputes in the securities industry including:
- Discrimination (sex, race, and age)
- Sexual harassment
- Wrongful termination/breach of contract
- Legal malpractice involving under securitization
- Matters involving brokerage firms, hedge funds, and financial advisors
- Misrepresentation/fraud claims pursuant to 10 (b)(5)
- Suitability of investments
- Unauthorized transactions and trading
- Unauthorized use of customer lists
- Violation of trade secrets