Judge Willcutts has extensive experience handling complex energy cases. She is known for her ability to quickly grasp the underlying issues, using her persistence, creativity and empathy to help parties find unique, fair solutions to their disputes.
As an arbitrator and special master, she strives to be well prepared, provide the parties with a full and fair hearing as expeditiously as possible, and render a timely decision that is in accordance with the law and the evidence. As a mediator, she assists the parties in exploring every possible avenue to resolve their dispute.
- Arbitrated, as member of tri-partite panel, disputes between multiple energy companies regarding indemnity obligations for claims asserted in lawsuits against them by mineral rights owners
- As special master, conducted numerous hearings in case asserting complex claims and counterclaims between two oil trading companies arising from former joint venture
- Mediated dispute between mineral rights owner and oil and gas exploration company regarding alleged underpayment of royalties based on conflicting interpretations of series of oil and gas leases
- Mediated disputes regarding alleged breach of oil and gas purchase agreement related to claim that seller failed to maintain production on several leases
- Mediation of employment dispute involving leave imposed on oil refinery employee for alleged violation of life-saving rule
- Mediator for matter brought by board member and stockholder against oil and gas exploration and production company and several board members alleging breach of fiduciary duty and fraud
- Sole arbitrator of matter involving breach of royalty lease, breach of implied covenant of warranty of title, in addition to fraudulent and negligent representations brought by lessee against mineral rights owner