With resources wherever you or your clients do business, JAMS can provide cost-effective, impartial and efficient dispute resolution at any stage of conflict, anywhere in the world.
Founded in 1979, JAMS is the largest private provider of alternative dispute resolution services (ADR) worldwide. With locations in major cities around the globe, JAMS and its global network of panelists are responsible for resolving thousands of the world’s important cases every year. JAMS handled over 15,000 cases in 2018.
JAMS serves the Latin American and Caribbean business and legal industries in the following areas:
- JAMS is an arbitral and ADR institution with model arbitration clauses and innovative, solution-driven arbitration rules to promote efficiency and party autonomy. Parties and counsel may select an arbitrator from the JAMS panel or use an outside arbitrator of their choice. JAMS has a multilingual case-management team and thorough experience handling disputes involving Latin American counsel and parties.
- JAMS can administer cases under the rules of any major institution, in addition to its own International Arbitration Rules & Procedures. JAMS neutrals regularly serve as arbitrators for other institutions, such as the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) and Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC), in ad hoc procedures or under UNCITRAL rules.
- JAMS International Arbitration Centers in New York and Los Angeles provide state-of-the-art facilities built specifically for arbitral hearings. In addition, JAMS provides ideal venues for dispute resolution at its many Resolution Centers worldwide, in cities such as Miami, London, San Francisco and Dallas, among many others.
JAMS resolves business and legal disputes by providing efficient, cost-effective and impartial ways to overcome barriers at any stage of conflict, relying on its worldwide leadership and experience in mediation and other ADR processes. That allows its staff and panelists to identify opportunities for better solutions in the context of an arbitration or independent of it.
Through a combination of industry-specific experience, first-class client service, top-notch facilities and highly trained panelists, JAMS is uniquely positioned to serve the Latin American and Caribbean regions.
If you would like more information about our global capabilities or need assistance selecting a neutral, contact:
JAMS Latin America and Caribbean
+52 1 (55) 5100-8174
International Arbitration Services
JAMS offers efficiency, speed, and results. In order to save clients time and money, JAMS has instituted procedural options that allow the crafting of a process that is commensurate with the dispute.
International Mediation Services
Rigorous preparation. Creative solutions. Persistent follow-up. We work diligently every step of the way-from pre-mediation calls to post-mediation follow-up to help all parties arrive at the best possible outcome to their dispute.
Local Solutions. Global Reach. TM
JAMS successfully resolves business and legal disputes by providing efficient, cost-effective and impartial ways of overcoming barriers at any stage of conflict. JAMS offers customized dispute resolution services locally and globally through a combination of industry-specific experience, first-class client service, top-notch facilities and highly trained panelists.
Request an International Arbitration
- JAMS International Rules ›
- JAMS International Clause Workbook ›
- Why International Lawyers Use JAMS ›