JAMS Employment Practice Group
Experienced, empathetic, effective neutrals
The JAMS Employment Practice Group includes retired federal, state trial and appellate judges and former litigators with years of dispute resolution experience, deep subject matter expertise and comprehensive knowledge of federal and state case law and statutes. They are adept at managing the emotional and legal aspects of sensitive employment matters.
Our neutrals receive ongoing training in alternative dispute resolution (ADR) and stay abreast of emerging employment law issues, including claims under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and pandemic-related unsafe working conditions and retaliation claims. JAMS also provides neutrals and parties with live tech support during virtual and hybrid arbitration and mediation sessions.
Efficient, affordable employment dispute resolution
JAMS offers cost-effective options to resolve employment matters of every type and size. Our highly skilled case managers can provide a list of panelists best suited to handle your dispute, based on their experience, background, availability, rates and approach to ADR. JAMS neutrals collaborate with all parties to design flexible, individualized solutions, including mediation, arbitration, neutral investigations and evaluations, mock trials, settlement allocations and reference and special master assignments.
Extensive employment law experience
JAMS has handled thousands of in-person and remote employment mediations and arbitrations, ranging from single plaintiff cases to large class and mass actions. Our neutrals have extensive experience in matters involving:
Discrimination and Harassment Dispute Resolution
- Allegations of discrimination or harassment on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation or religion
- Allegations of disability discrimination and Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) violations
- Claims of disability discrimination and Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) violations
- Class actions involving Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Claims of violations of the Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA)
- Class action involving violations of the Equal Pay Act
- Claim involving the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Executive Contract, Trade Secret and Employee Raiding Dispute Resolution
- Complex case involving a CEO’s employment contract
- Allegations of theft of trade secrets
- Allegations of employee raiding
Wage & Hour Dispute Resolution
- 100-member wage & hour class action suit involving Private Attorney General Act (PAGA) penalties
- Nationwide wage & hour collective action with nearly 30,000 members alleging violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination and Retaliation Dispute Resolution
- Claims of wrongful termination and alleged retaliation
- Cases involving claims of whistleblower status
In an era of unprecedented business disruptions, timely dispute resolution is critical. In-person, virtual or hybrid arbitration with an experienced JAMS arbitrator provides an effective alternative to protracted litigation.
Rigorous preparation. Creative solutions. Persistent follow-up. We work diligently every step of the way-from pre-mediation calls to post-mediation follow-up to help all parties arrive at the best possible outcome to their dispute.
Neutral Analysis Services
Unbiased, confidential case evaluation from the best legal minds in the business. We provide attorneys with advisory opinions allowing you to fine-tune arguments, reassess settlement options, manage client expectations—and ultimately proceed with a winning strategy.
Local Solutions. Global Reach. TM
JAMS successfully resolves business and legal disputes by providing efficient, cost-effective and impartial ways of overcoming barriers at any stage of conflict. JAMS offers customized, in-person, virtual and hybrid dispute resolution services through a combination of first class client service, the latest technology, top-notch facilities, and highly trained mediators and arbitrators.
Employment Rules & Procedures
JAMS Employment Practice Group
- Renee Spertzel
Practice Development Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Two Embarcadero Center, Suite 1500
San Francisco, CA 94111