Extensive Health Care Industry Knowledge & Efficient, Affordable ADR
Health Care Mediation, Arbitration and ADR Services
JAMS neutrals understand the nuances and complexities of the health care industry. JAMS is the world’s largest private alternative dispute resolution (ADR) provider. We excel at resolving disputes involving a variety of constituencies, including matters regarding payor/provider, mergers and acquisitions, hospital employment, privacy and data breach, intellectual property, product liability and others.
Health Care Mediators and Arbitrators
The JAMS Health Care Practice Group includes retired federal, state and appellate judges and former litigators who have established credibility in health care law and the health care industry. JAMS neutrals resolve cases quickly, providing significant savings of time and expense and often preserving valuable business relationships. JAMS offers skilled, efficient case management, custom rules and affordable options for health care matters of every size and type.
JAMS neutrals collaborate with all parties to design flexible, individualized ADR approaches. They take an active role in pre-hearing preparation and case administration. They serve as health care mediators and health care arbitrators, perform medical peer reviews and frequently act as hearing officers in hospital disputes. In cases that are legally and factually complex, courts often appoint JAMS neutrals as special masters or referees to assist with eDiscovery and other issues involving electronic health records and to design efficient settlement formats in multiparty disputes.
Resolution Centers Worldwide
With locations in major cities located throughout the United States and worldwide, JAMS Resolution Centers provide a neutral, professional, and comfortable environment to resolve the most challenging and complex disputes.
Representative Health Care Matters
Payor/Provider Dispute Resolution
- Complex payor/provider disputes involving reimbursement for past claims, future contract terms and determination of the “usual, customary and reasonable” rate (UCR)
- Medicare and Medicaid disputes
- Coverage disputes arising from the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Disputes over level of care to be provided for behavioral disorders such as anorexia, bulimia and autism
Mergers & Acquisitions Dispute Resolution
- Disputes over mergers, sales, dissolutions and other business issues within physician practice groups, and among hospitals and other health care businesses and joint ventures
Hospital/Employee Dispute Resolution
- Complex employment disputes involving high-level health care providers and their employers or business partners
- Medical staff hearings related to disputes between hospital medical staff and hospital governing bodies involving contractual terms and/or discipline matters
Privacy & Data Breach Dispute Resolution
- eDiscovery issues in cases with complex electronic medical record (EMR) discovery
- Mediation of a class action data breach lawsuit alleging a large managed health care organization violated medical privacy laws when certain server drives that contained personal, medical and/or financial information of patients went missing
- Mediation between medical data management company and new purchaser of company owning the data concerning data protection and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) violations issues
- Mediation of health care privacy class action alleging breach of California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA)
Intellectual Property Dispute Resolution
- Patent, licensing, trade secret and other intellectual property issues surrounding medical technology
Product Liability Dispute Resolution
- Medical device product liability disputes
Qui Tam & False Claims Act Dispute Resolution
- Qui Tam fraud and abuse cases under federal and state False Claims Act (FCA) statutes, in situations both with and without government intervention involved
JAMS offers efficiency, speed, and results. In order to save clients time and money, JAMS has instituted procedural options that allow the crafting of a process that is commensurate with the dispute.
Rigorous preparation. Creative solutions. Persistent follow-up. We work diligently every step of the way-from pre-mediation calls to post-mediation follow-up to help all parties arrive at the best possible outcome to their dispute.
Neutral Analysis Services
Unbiased, confidential case evaluation from the best legal minds in the business. We provide attorneys with advisory opinions allowing you to fine-tune arguments, reassess settlement options, manage client expectations—and ultimately proceed with a winning strategy.
Local Solutions. Global Reach. TM
JAMS successfully resolves business and legal disputes by providing efficient, cost-effective and impartial ways of overcoming barriers at any stage of conflict. JAMS offers customized, in-person, virtual and hybrid dispute resolution services through a combination of first class client service, the latest technology, top-notch facilities, and highly trained mediators and arbitrators.
JAMS Health Care Practice Group
Virtual ADR Resources
- JAMS Videoconferencing Guide (PDF) ›
- Videoconferencing Tips & Techniques ›
- Virtual ADR & Security FAQ ›
- Virtual Arbitration FAQs ›
- HIPAA Compliance (PDF) ›
- Brian Parmelee
Vice President, Corporate Development & Panel Relations
5 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Irvine, CA 92614