JAMS Federal Practice Group
The JAMS Federal Practice Group includes some of its most distinguished panelists, including retired and former federal judges, in addition to those with extensive experience in federal law issues.
Neutrals in our Federal Practice possess an invaluable body of legal knowledge and skill as mediators, arbitrators and special masters in Federal Law matters including, but not limited to:
- Admiralty: Claims filed under the Jones Act, injuries aboard ship, vessel damage, claims for lost profits due to shipping delays and seagoing losses, U.S. Coast Guard proceedings related to marine casualties
- Antitrust: Trade and commerce cases resulting from unfair business practices
- Bankruptcy: Complex bankruptcy issues including non-dischargeability, fraudulent transfer suits, mortgage fraud, and lender liability
- Class Action: Rule 23(a) Federal Class Actions Cases for a variety of practice areas like business commercial, employment, and securities
- Employment: Disability discrimination and violation of the ADA, claims for breach of employment contract, wrongful discharge, sexual harassment, gender, age, religious and race discrimination,wage and hour claims, Family and Medical Leave Act and tenure disputes
- Environmental: Superfund and other cost allocations, environmental enforcement, insurance, RCRA, land use and siting controversies, real estate development and energy policy
- Government: Cases involving federal, state, local, and international governmental entities as well as private parties
- Intellectual Property: Breaches of contract, royalty, copyright, trademark, patent and licensing disputes
- Securities: Disputes in the financial arena including securities and shareholder disputes as well as fraud and breach of fiduciary duty cases against banks, financial professionals, brokers, and directors and officers; stock options backdating disputes; and securities fraud and derivative actions
- Tribal Law: Land claims, land use, treaty rights, gaming, tribal governance, water rights, inter-tribal claims and legal representation
JAMS offers efficiency, speed, and results. In order to save clients time and money, JAMS has instituted procedural options that allow the crafting of a process that is commensurate with the dispute.
Rigorous preparation. Creative solutions. Persistent follow-up. We work diligently every step of the way-from pre-mediation calls to post-mediation follow-up to help all parties arrive at the best possible outcome to their dispute.
Neutral Analysis Services
Unbiased, confidential case evaluation from the best legal minds in the business. We provide attorneys with advisory opinions allowing you to fine-tune arguments, reassess settlement options, manage client expectations—and ultimately proceed with a winning strategy.
Local Solutions. Global Reach. TM
JAMS successfully resolves business and legal disputes by providing efficient, cost-effective and impartial ways of overcoming barriers at any stage of conflict. JAMS offers customized dispute resolution services locally and globally through a combination of industry-specific experience, first-class client service, top-notch facilities and highly trained panelists.
Subscribe & Stay Updated
Our latest thinking on the issues that matter most in mediation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution.