Warren Knight Award
The Warren Knight Distinguished Service Award recognizes the work of extraordinary individuals and organizations in promoting and advancing collaborative forms of dispute resolution. Named in honor of JAMS Founder, H. Warren Knight, a pioneer in the development of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), the award honors recipients’ commitment to helping prevent and resolve conflict in the communities they serve.
Each year, the award and accompanying $25,000 grant is presented at the ABA Section of Dispute Resolution annual conference.
- 2018 – Living Room Conversations (Boulder, CO) - https://livingroomconversations.org
- 2017 – The Mosaic Project (Oakland, CA) - https://mosaicproject.org
- 2016 – New York Peace Institute (New York, NY) - http://nypeace.org
- 2015 – Cure Violence (Chicago, IL) - http://cureviolence.org
- 2014 – Mediators Beyond Borders International (Arlington, VA) - http://mediatorsbeyondborders.org
- 2013 – Center for Conflict Resolution (Chicago, IL) - http://www.ccrchicago.org
- 2012 – Partners for Democratic Change (Washington, DC) - http://www.partnersglobal.org
- 2011 – Western Justice Center Foundation (Pasadena, CA) - http://www.westernjustice.org
- 2010 – Center for African Peace and Conflict Resolution (Sacramento, CA) - http://www.csus.edu/org/capcr
- 2009 – Effective Alternative in Reconciliation Services (Nyack, NY) - http://www.earsbronx.com
JAMS, the nation’s premier provider of commercial dispute resolution services, established the non-profit JAMS Foundation to provide financial assistance for conflict resolution initiatives with national and international impact and to share its dispute resolution experience and expertise for the benefit of the public interest.
- David Brandon
Managing Director, JAMS Foundation
Two Embarcadero Center, Suite 1500
San Francisco, CA 94111