How do I prepare for a virtual mediation or arbitration with JAMS?
- Determine which platform is best for your case (see below for more information).
- A JAMS Case Manager will provide you with the appropriate paperwork prior to your session. Parties will need to agree in advance on issues such as whether the session can be recorded and whether all participants must be on camera.
- Just as you would with an in-person mediation or arbitration, confirm that all parties and representatives have blocked off time and are fully prepared to participate in the videoconference at any moment.
- Determine how you and your clients will communicate if you are participating from separate locations.
- Determine what documents you intend to share and ensure that they are forwarded to the neutral before the session.
For more information, please refer to our resource: Tips and Techniques for a Successful Videoconference.