Hon. Rosemarie Annunziata (Ret.) brings to JAMS over 35 years of distinguished service from the trial and appellate bench as well as the private practice of law as a civil law litigator. Her reputation for integrity, fairness, judgment, and common sense is well-known. She works collaboratively with the parties and counsel in mediation to facilitate settlement and shares evaluative observations as the dispute requires. In arbitration, Judge Annunziata provides timely case management of the case’s procedural and substantive issues, including resolution of arbitrabiity questions, discovery disputes, and pre-hearing motions.
The Judge's employment ADR experience includes disputes involving claims of retaliatory discharge and whistleblowing, claims of discrimination based on age, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, sexual orientation, violations of the FMLA, Title VII, ADA, ADEA, and contract actions based on the failure to pay bonuses, commissions, and severance involving a wide variety of businesses and organizations, including the government, private and nonprofit domestic and international associations, and health care industry personnel and companies.
- Mediated sexual harassment and defamation claim against health care provider
- Mediated disability discrimination claim and failure to accommodate against nonprofit student association
- Mediated wrongful termination claim brought by executive director against governing board of an international nonprofit organization
- Mediated claim alleging breach of employment contract, wrongful termination and violation of the FMLA brought by senior employee against corporation engaged scientific and medical research for government and corporate clients
- Arbitrated same- sex sexual harassment and constructive discharge claim against employee’s supervisor in oil refinement industry
- Selected as arbitrator in claim alleging same sex sexual harassment and retaliation in violation of Title VII and DC Human Rights Act
- Selected as arbitrator in wrongful termination claim and discrimination based on national origin and religion against national accounting firm
- Arbitrated numerous matters involving at-will employment claims and claims based on employee handbook provisions