Mercedes Armas Bach, retired Judge 11th Circuit, has extensive experience mediating and arbitrating complex, multi-national civil disputes conducted under the rules of various institutions, such as the American Arbitration Association, ICDR (AAA) International, and JAMS Rules.
Having served over 17 years on the 11th Judicial Circuit, Miami-Dade County, Florida as a Judge and Senior Judge, she is highly respected for her fairness, diligence, and ability to efficiently identify and resolve issues.
A native Spanish speaker, Ms. Bach has frequently lectured and presented in both English and Spanish at legal and medical associations, Universidad de Alcala, Facultad de Medicina (Madrid, Spain), Florida International University, and various bar associations and CLE programs.
Ms. Bach has served as a special master in multi-million dollar government bid disputes and been appointed as a special magistrate in civil cases.
Download Mercedes Bach's biography in Spanish
- Mediated intellectual property and partnership dispute between developers and owner of international e-wallet system
- Mediated dispute between Venezuelan investment company and investors, issues included Bolivar devaluation and computation of debt
- Mediated dispute of international singer/actress and manager, issues included copyright and infringement of cosmetic and fragrance line
- Mediated employment dispute involving Florida and Swiss contracts and law
- Mediated trademark and licensing dispute between automobile manufacturing company and holder of trademark and licenses in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Dispute between international investors and U.S. soft drink company
- Dispute between manufacturer of construction equipment and buyer, alleging misrepresentation and defective product
- Personal inury and Jones Act claims against international cruise line
- Multi-national chemical business v. manufacturer and distributor
- Global media company v. program distributor
- Breach of contract and fraud (professional service contract)
- Employee claims for unpaid wages and contractual breach
- Insurance claim for crop damage