John B. Bates, Jr., Esq. has been practicing law since 1974 and mediating full time since 1991. He has successfully mediated several thousand cases in 30 states on a wide range of issues and is particularly skilled in resolving highly charged, emotional disputes. About 25-30% of these matters involved employment. Parties have included Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, governmental agencies, educational institutions, and school districts.
Many of the employment cases John Bates has settled involved insurance coverage and securities issues. He has extensive experience settling cases involving discrimination, sexual harassment, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and wage and hour claims. He splits his time between his family residences in Northern California and Hawaii.
- Numerous class action cases involving discrimination
- Numerous discrimination cases involving race, gender, age, disability, and religion
- Numerous sexual harassment cases, including same sex, minors, and battery involving same
- Numerous wage and hour class actions
- Numerous wrongful termination cases, with intellectual property issues
- Numerous disputes concerning family held businesses and closely held corporations, where disputants were and were not represented by counsel
- Numerous disputes involving high level executives and attendant securities issues