John B. Bates, Jr., Esq. has been practicing law since 1974 and mediating full time since 1991. As a litigation partner at Cooley Godward, he handled banking and securities matters, including Rule 10b-5 cases.
He has conducted over a hundred lectures and trainings on mediation and negotiation and has mediated several thousand matters in 30 states. He also conducted the first training for NASD mediators. He splits his time between his family residences in Northern California and Hawaii.
- Broker dealer disputes
- Claims on notes and guarantees
- Class actions, business, consumer, employment
- Fee disputes
- Investment advisor disputes
- Key executive departures from securities firms
- Loan workouts
- Money manager departures from banks
- Partnership disputes, including venture capitalists, hedge funds
- Shareholder claims and suits