Bruce A. Friedman, Esq. is an accomplished international dispute resolution professional who mediates a wide range of cases and serves as a sole arbitrator, party arbitrator, and member of arbitration panels involving cases from around the world.
Mr. Friedman began his neutral career in 2011 following 37 years as a trial lawyer handling cases in the areas of insurance, class action, professional liability, business, real estate, and entertainment. He was lead trial counsel in dozens of jury trials, bench trials, and arbitrations. He routinely represented clients in high-stakes litigation.
Mr. Friedman has been recognized by Chambers USA in insurance litigation and described as a “great strategist” with a broad commercial litigation practice. He is a former member of the Board of Directors of Paragon International Insurance Brokers, Lloyds of London.
- Representation of an international food manufacturer in worldwide litigation and arbitration arising out of a dispute with its joint venture partner in China. Proceedings were venued in China, Sweden, U.S., British Virgin Islands, and Samoa
- Represented London insurers in a dispute with a motion picture production company over production cost insurance for a slate of films
- Represented a U.S. bank in an arbitration proceeding against an international film distributor based in Germany with respect to the financing of multiple motion pictures
- Arbitrated disputes between motion picture producers and foreign film distribution companies
- Represented a U.S. insurer in connection with multiple security class actions arising out of the sale of securities of Chinese companies in the U.S. following reverse merger transactions
- Arbitrated a dispute between a Japanese appliance manufacturer and its U.S. Distributor involving claims of breach of joint venture agreement and breach of fiduciary duty
- Represented a Korean tire manufacturer in litigation with its U.S. insurance broker with respect to acquisition of product liability insurance and in employment related class action litigation
- Mediated an insurance coverage dispute between a Lloyd's of London syndicate and a technology company over insurance coverage for underlying cyber-squatting claims
- Represented a law firm in defense of a malpractice claim by a Lloyd's of London syndicate arising out of insurance coverage advice
- Arbitrated breach of contract and theft of trade secrets case between U.S. auto parts manufacturer and it's Chinese joint venture partner
- Arbitrated post acquisition earn out case between sports shoe manufacturer
- Mediated case between Chinese steel manufacturer and Japanese customer with respect to product quality